Student Employment

F-1 and J-1 students are allowed some employment benefits that enable them to pursue internships and full-time employment in the U.S.

Other Types of Employment

Many students wish to engage in volunteer work or unpaid employment. It is very important that you understand what types of activities are considered volunteer experiences. Some unpaid employment may actually be considered employment that requires work authorization.